The following guidelines will apply until further notice to ensure safe play in the Outdoor, Indoor and Short Mat Scramble Events. The number of tournaments in each type of Scramble event will depend on the situation regarding Covid-19 and these guidelines may change at any time.
All players taking part in Scramble events will have read and accepted the guidelines as part of the Terms and Conditions for entry.
Jim Baker Stadium - Indoor/Short Mat Scramble
Entering and Leaving the Premises
- Under no circumstances should players arrive at the stadium without registering their contact details online at https://www.bowlschat.com//scramble/scramble-events in advance
- Self-scanning thermometers are installed in the entrance, we ask that you use these on entry and wait outside for instructions if you fail your check.
- A register of attendees will be kept, just in case a communicable illness was to occur
- Players should not try to enter the stadium more than 30 minutes before the start of the Scramble event
- A one-way system is in place for entry and exit and where space is restricted, let others pass first, always maintaining a 2 metre gap
- Players should check their rink/mat/section of play before arrival and follow the designated route on entry to the premises
- Players must leave immediately at the end of their final match
- The stadium will prepare the green and/or mats for play, delivering equipment to the playing rinks/mats with hygiene in mind and disinfected for safe use by bowlers
- After the session, equipment will be disinfected again in preparation for the next session
- Hand sanitiser will be made available to all bowlers
- All players who have tested positive or in isolation for Covid-19 or are living in the same household with a Covid-19 positive person should adhere to the following:
- If you are unwell or have symptoms stay at home
- If you have tested positive and are in self isolation and/or are living in the same household with a Covid-19 positive person, you may not return to bowling for a minimum of 14 days or until you have returned a negative test and are symptom free, as per NI Executive guidelines
- If you are in a clinically vulnerable group you are advised to stay at home as much as possible and, if you do go out, take particular care to minimise contact with others outside your household. If you are living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection or if you are classified as extremely vulnerable on health grounds, the guidance is that you should remain at and exercise at home.
- Players who have symptoms should notify the stadium at 028 9443 2937 or email [email protected], if they were due to play, and start self-isolation for 14 days or until a negative test is returned and they are symptom free, whichever is the least amount of time.
- Players who travel to and from the stadium must be independent from other non-household participants unless social distancing can be maintained or face coverings are worn as per NI Executive guidelines
- All players should practice safe hygiene at all times, including washing hands for at least 20 seconds before and after play
- Pre-game and post-game handshakes and other gestures that involve contact with other bowlers are not allowed
Attire and Equipment
- The changing rooms will be closed
- All bowlers must arrive to the bowling green/mats in attire suitable for bowling as changing on the premises is not allowed except for footwear, which must not be worn from the car park
- Bowlers are asked to keep their personal belongings to a minimum
- All equipment (bowls, measures etc) should be disinfected before arrival at the stadium
- The wearing of face coverings by all players during matches is optional, but we do recommend you wear a face covering when entering and leaving the premises
- A fixed mat placement will be marked at the end of each rink by coloured tape
- Spray chalk is the only way to mark bowls that have made contact with the jack
- A player will not have control of the mat until the previous player is at least 2 metres from the mat
- Each Short Mat 'home' lead on a rink will be responsible for placing the stick/block if it is moved during a game
- Each 'home' skip on a rink will be responsible for placing the jack in the appropriate place at the start of each end
- Jacks should be left on the rink at the conclusion of the last game for staff to sanitise before the next session
- In the event of a foul jack or bowl that has left the rink or rolled into the ditch, the jack/bowl is to be removed by the Skip or Lead of the same team and placed on the bank/behind the fender using a cloth or foot
- Adjusting the jack should be done by foot
- Players must only use and touch their own bowls without a cloth
- When a count has been decided, bowls are to be removed either by the owner of the bowls or by removing them using a foot
- All bowlers must have a cloth with disinfectant/sanitiser to apply to each bowl and jack before each game
- Measuring will be done by one predetermined player on each rink (Umpires will not be allowed/available during events)
- One designated player to keep/update the team scorecard on each rink – scoreboards will not be used
- Movement to your next game is in a clockwise direction at the end of the rinks (the viewing gallery is at 6 o'clock)
General Social Distancing Guidelines
- Each bowler will remain at all times at least two metres from all other bowlers, with outer rinks and bank space to be utilised in doing so
- When changing ends, players are asked to keep to the left hand side of the rink/mat and maintain social distancing guidelines
- Spectators are not allowed at at the stadium unless approved in advance for Scramble events and the adherence of appropriate social distancing can be practiced
- All spectators must give their name and contact number to staff at the stadium for use by the NHS track and trace if required
- It is recommended that spectators avail of the viewing area at the bar in the stadium, not the seats beside the playing area, to help maintain social distancing guidelines
Covid-19 guidelines for the Outdoor Scramble will be added here before the next outdoor event.